Sunday, April 04, 2010

Fake pokemon

It seems there aren't too many Pokemon fans aware of the fact that "Sableye"...


...Is based on a famous "alien" sighting, the Hopkinsville Goblin:


This is most evident when people come up with their own hypothetical evolutions for the monster (a common practice among fans), which tend to turn Sableye into a large dragon or demon-like creature. To rectify this, I decided to draw my own idea for how the little guy should evolve: into a couple other famous aliens. Can you name them both?

5 Comments:

Anonymous garsh said...

Boy it's not very often I see my hometown referenced. We're not famous for much. Pretty much just this (the goblin) fabrication to cover up the embarrassment of a drunken redneck feud, and Edgar Cayce. We don't even get any credit for the Ebonite bowling ball factory.

I really love the idea of Sableye evolving into the mothman and Flatwoods monster, by the way.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Dover said...

I can name both, considering I live where they both come from. Garsh is right, we don't get much credit for anything nowadays.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

According to both "X-Files" and "Freakylinks" Mothman was also seen in North Carolina. Is that accurate? I also remember reading about it showing up in Cornwall.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Jesse said...

That Sableye is one of the best, if not the best pokemon card in the current modified format.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the chance of three people from Hopkinsville even visiting this website? I'm beginning to feel like I'm special or something.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home